Guest and Employee Health & Safety
Guest and employee safety has always been a priority at Wild Island. We have gone above and beyond the coronavirus/COVID-19 guidelines set forth by the State of Nevada in our commitment to ensure the safest, cleanest and most fun environment possible for both you, our guests, and for our employees.
Face Coverings Are Mandatory at Wild Island.
In compliance with Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak’s Directive 024 issued on June 24, 2020, face coverings are mandatory in all park facilities.
Face Coverings Required at All Times
After careful consideration and for the safety of our guests and employees, we are now requiring face coverings to be worn at all times. If you are unable to wear a face covering for any reason, we ask that you return to our business when they are no longer required or it is safe for you to do so.
Coconut Bowl Health and Safety Process and Procedures
- Operating hours have been modified. Check our calendar for the most current schedule.
Guests are required to wear face coverings
Sanitization stations are located at every entrance and throughout the facility
Facility limited to 50% capacity
Social distancing floor clings are installed at all POS stations and attraction queue lines
UV and sanitizers are used to clean every attraction and table after use
Sneeze guards or plexiglass are installed at every point of sale
All staff are temperature checked before they start their shift
All staff have been trained and certified about COVID and how to prevent the spread
All staff wear face coverings and disposable gloves when appropriate
- Self service kiosks for food and beverage ordering are located throughout the facility.
- Bar capacity is limited in compliance with current State of Nevada guidelines.
- Customer use of touchless Apple/Samsung pay is encouraged.
- Capacities are limited in private event spaces.
- Our restrooms have touchless exits and all restrooms are equipped with touchless soap dispensers. All restrooms are cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day.
High Ballocity: CLOSED until further notice
Bowling: Plexiglass is installed between each pair of lanes. Balls and rental shoes are cleaned and sanitized after every use. Additionally, there are sanitization stations located throughout the lanes.
Jungle Kart: All kart touch points are cleaned and sanitized after every ride
Laser Tag: 50% capacity (15 players at a time). Vests and phasers are cleaned and sanitized after every use
Outdoor Mini Golf: Groups are limited to 6 players. Clubs and balls are sanitized after every round. Additionally, there are sanitization stations located at the start and end of the course
Pirate Cove: Groups are limited to 6 players. Clubs and balls are sanitized after every round. Additionally, there are sanitization stations located at the start and end of the course.
XD Adventure Theater: Each group gets their own game (maximum of 8 players). Seats, blasters and glasses are sanitized after every game.
Billiards: Open with 6 ft. physical distancing. Cues, balls and racks are cleaned and sanitized after every game.
Arcade: Open with some games set to out of order to create physical distancing
Redemption Store: No more than 6 guests at a time in store. Guests are not allowed to touch any prizes.,
COVID-19 Safety Policies for Guests and Employees
Wild Island Guests
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to others with symptoms, please do not enter our facility today.
- If you are within the class of persons considered to be at higher risk of getting very sick from COVID-19 or if you live with any such person, we recommend that you do not enter our facility today.
- Please practice safe social distancing measures during your visit with us today. Please keep six feet between yourself and others, including our employees.
- We encourage you to wear a mask while visiting our facility. However, for safety reasons no masks are allowed in the water or on attractions. If you do not have a mask, please remember to always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Hand sanitizer is available at various locations throughout our facility. We encourage you to wash or sanitize your hands regularly.
Wild Island Employees
- If an employeee feels sick, has any symptoms of COVID-19, or has been exposed to others with symptoms, they are asked to please stay home.
- If an employee is within the class of persons considered to be at higher risk of getting very sick from COVID-19 or if they live with any such person, they are asked to please take extra precautions.
- Each employee must undergo a daily temperature and symptom assessment at the start of the employee’s shift.
- Practice safe social-distancing measures at all times while in or on Wild Island’s premises. Please keep six feet between yourself and others.
- Unless alone in an enclosed office or lifeguarding at the Wave Pool, employees must wear a mask at all times. Also, employees must wear gloves at all times if they work in a department designated by Wild Island as requiring gloves.
- Wash hands frequently and rigorously. Also, please regularly utilize the hand sanitizer locations available throughout the facility.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash.
Waterpark Summer 2020 Process and Procedures
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has provided the following direction:
There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas. Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine..) should inactivate the virus in the water.
Why is Our Water Super-Safe?
- ALL our water is meticulously treated with chlorine as required by local and national health standards.
- PLUS: Our water is filtered through HUGE sand filters that meet or exceed national health standards.
- PLUS: Wild Island is one of the few waterparks in North America to circulate all our water through specialized UV light equipment to treat it for bacteria and viruses (such as COVID-19). UV light works by disrupting the DNA or RNA of the bacteria and viruses which in turn kills or inactivates them completely. We were way ahead of the curve when we installed this specialized equipment in 2010.
What Else Are We Doing to Keep Our Guests and Staff Safe?
In addition to making our water super-safe, Wild Island has developed a comprehensive plan to safely open and operate our waterpark. Some of the measures we are taking to provide a safe environment for our guests and staff include the following:
- Overall admission will be limited to 50% of our capacity.
- Social distancing measures will be implemented in queue lines, food outlets, and open areas of the waterpark. A waterpark is different than a public pool because riders are dispatched on slides that allow for safe social distancing.
- Guests and employees who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to others with symptoms will be asked to stay home.
- We will use touch-free infrared thermometers to check the temperature of our guests and employees before they enter the waterpark. Employees or parties with one or more persons with a fever at or above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be permitted to enter the waterpark.
- Employees will be required to wear management-provided facemasks (except lifeguards working around water) and guests will be strongly encouraged to wear facemasks. However, for safety reasons no masks will be allowed in the water or on attractions. All staff will receive online COVID-19-specific training as well as special training on the proper use of masks and gloves.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout all areas of the waterpark. Signage has been added to remind employees and guests to frequently and rigorously wash their hands.
- Where possible our staff will interact with guests behind glass or plexiglass barriers.
- Printed safety guidelines will be posted in high-visibility locations. The text of our safety guidelines for guests and employees is set forth at the bottom of this document. Guests will be informed that failure to follow all safety guidelines will result in removal from the waterpark without refund.
Additional Safety Measures
Food and Beverage
- Packaged condiments and individually wrapped straws will be handed out with food and beverage orders. No self-service will be available.
- Reusable cups will be sanitized by an employee before refilling. No self-service refills will be available.
- On-line food ordering will be widely available to reduce food lines.
- Signature lines on credit card receipts will be eliminated.
- Customer use of touchless Apple/Samsung pay will be encouraged.
- Appropriate spacing will be maintained between tables and waterpark lounge furniture.
- Guests will be encouraged to purchase admission tickets online to speed the admission process and enhance social distancing.
- Our restrooms have touchless entrances/exits. All restrooms have been equipped with touchless soap dispensers. All restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day. The number of guest’s inside our restrooms at a given time will be limited in order to enhance social distancing.
- Each day, all waterpark furniture will be sprayed with peroxide multi surface cleaner and disinfectant. Additionally, initial research conducted by the National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center indicates that “sunlight seems to be very detrimental to the [COVID-19] virus” and that “within minutes” of being exposed to direct sunlight “the majority of the virus is inactivated on surfaces and in the air…” See https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/inside-secret-dhs-lab-testing-how-long-coronavirus-can-survive-n1201386
- Medical/First Aid staff will use full PPE when assisting or treating guests. Only one patient at a time will be allowed within the treatment/medic room. All medic/first aid facilities will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each patient.
- Lifeguards and Slide Operators will be professionally trained on the latest safety measures to protect themselves and guests while rendering assistance.
Questions and Answers Specific to the coronavirus/Covid-19 Pandemic
In light of our delayed opening and in addition to the normal Island Advantage benefits, those who purchased Waterpark season passes on or before March 31, 2020 will receive the following add-ons:
- Upgraded benefits including FOUR half off general admission coupons
- One Coconut Bowl All Access Day Pass ($44.99 value; expires Oct 31, 2020); and
- The ability to renew your 2021 Waterpark season pass for $89.99 (our lowest renewal price ever! Renewable from Black Friday 2020 to March 31, 2021) – our way of saying thank you for purchasing your season pass early!
Absolutely! 2020 Waterpark Season Passes purchased after April 1st can be purchased at our Black Friday rate of $99.99 through May 31st and will receive ONE Coconut Bowl All Access Day Pass ($44.99 value; expires Oct 31, 2020) in addition to UPGRADED Island Advantage benefits each season pass already receives.
Yes! Wild Island payment plans have been extended through April 30, 2020.
Entry will be first-come, first served with admittance limited to 50% of full capacity. Chairs, food ordering queue lines, and slide towers will be configured to accepted social/physical distancing limits.
Yes! We’re still hiring for the 2020 season, however, at this time we will not be holding any in-person interviews or job fairs. Please visit our employment page to fill out an application and a Department Manager will contact you to schedule a virtual interview.
Wild Island Waterpark is still fully committed to opening for the 2020 Summer season. In the event we are unable to open, pass rollovers and refunds are both potential options. Please continue to monitor our social media channels and website for updates.