Guest and Employee Health & Safety
Guest and employee safety has always been a priority at Wild Island. We have gone above and beyond the coronavirus/COVID-19 guidelines set forth by the State of Nevada in our commitment to ensure the safest, cleanest and most fun environment possible for both you, our guests, and for our employees.
Coconut Bowl Health and Safety Process and Procedures
- Sanitization stations are located at every entrance and throughout the facility.
- Our restrooms have touchless exits and all restrooms are equipped with touchless soap dispensers. All restrooms are cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day.
- All attractions are cleaned and sanitized multiple times per day.
- UV and sanitizers used to clean every attraction and table after use.
- Sneeze guards or plexiglass are installed at every point of sale and in between each pair of lanes.
COVID-19 Safety Policies for Guests and Employees
Wild Island Guests
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to others with symptoms, please do not enter our facility today.
- Hand sanitizer is available at various locations throughout our facility. We encourage you to wash or sanitize your hands regularly.s
Wild Island Employees
- If an employeee feels sick, has any symptoms of COVID-19, or has been exposed to others with symptoms, they are asked to please stay home.
- If an employee is within the class of persons considered to be at higher risk of getting very sick from COVID-19 or if they live with any such person, they are asked to please take extra precautions.
- Wash hands frequently and rigorously. Also, please regularly utilize the hand sanitizer locations available throughout the facility.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash.
Waterpark Summer 2021 Process and Procedures
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has provided the following direction:
There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas. Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine..) should inactivate the virus in the water.
Why is Our Water Super-Safe?
- ALL our water is meticulously treated with chlorine as required by local and national health standards.
- PLUS: Our water is filtered through HUGE sand filters that meet or exceed national health standards.
- PLUS: Wild Island is one of the few waterparks in North America to circulate all our water through specialized UV light equipment to treat it for bacteria and viruses (such as COVID-19). UV light works by disrupting the DNA or RNA of the bacteria and viruses which in turn kills or inactivates them completely. We were way ahead of the curve when we installed this specialized equipment in 2010.
What Else Are We Doing to Keep Our Guests and Staff Safe?
In addition to making our water super-safe, Wild Island has developed a comprehensive plan to safely open and operate our waterpark. Some of the measures we are taking to provide a safe environment for our guests and staff include the following:
- Guests and employees who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to others with symptoms will be asked to stay home.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout all areas of the waterpark. Signage has been added to remind employees and guests to frequently and rigorously wash their hands.
- Printed safety guidelines will be posted in high-visibility locations. The text of our safety guidelines for guests and employees is set forth at the bottom of this document. Guests will be informed that failure to follow all safety guidelines will result in removal from the waterpark without refund.
Additional Safety Measures
Food and Beverage
- Packaged condiments and individually wrapped straws will be handed out with food and beverage orders. No self-service will be available.
- Reusable cups will be sanitized by an employee before refilling. No self-service refills will be available.
- On-line food ordering will be widely available to reduce food lines.
- Signature lines on credit card receipts will be eliminated.
- Customer use of touchless Apple/Samsung pay will be encouraged.
- Appropriate spacing will be maintained between tables and waterpark lounge furniture.
- Guests will be encouraged to purchase admission tickets online to speed the admission process and enhance social distancing.
- Our restrooms have touchless entrances/exits. All restrooms have been equipped with touchless soap dispensers. All restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day. The number of guest’s inside our restrooms at a given time will be limited in order to enhance social distancing.
- Medical/First Aid staff will use full PPE when assisting or treating guests. Only one patient at a time will be allowed within the treatment/medic room. All medic/first aid facilities will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each patient.
- Lifeguards and Slide Operators will be professionally trained on the latest safety measures to protect themselves and guests while rendering assistance.